segunda-feira, 17 de maio de 2010

Just a tip


I don’t know how it works with you all, but as for me, I live on my salary as a vision engineer and cameraman. And means that all I can spend on photography is just what left after those regular expenses every one has.
Being so, all I have was the result of serious thinking between my needs, what was available on the market, its price and my budget. Cameras, lens, filters, tripods, stands and, of course, fhashs.
One of the first things I realise, when I got my K100D, was that they advise us not to use units that had a powerful triggering connection, because it may serious damage the camera inner circuits. I always had that precaution!
And that was why, among other reasons, I got the K7: with it I could use most of my old units, due to its X-sinc connection. And, since last November, I’ve played around with it, having that pleasure of being the absolute owner of the light.
Never the less, I’ve had the precaution of not connecting to the camera nothing but the AF360G or my small ringflash (as a triggering unit), being sure that its power wouldn’t harm it.
Now I found this web page, were they list those flash units that can or can not be used with DSRL, in this case referring just to Cannon cameras. Never the less, I suppose we can extrapolate it to Pentax or other brands.
And I found out that my precautions were right: only that ringflash and the AF360G are able to be used directly on the camera.
So, for those of you that, like me, have old units and like to use them all together, here is the link, even if it not a complet cover models:
http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html
Of course, the alternative is a radio trigger. But those I can found around here, Portugal, are expensive, to much expensive to substitute a system that is working. I was told about one shop in Lisboa that have a cheap brand and I’ll take a look, but it must be worthwhile.
Image: An old electronic flash, 30 years old, not listed there; a Kaiser photocell, 2 years old; a grip, 20 years old; a tree branch, unknown age.

Enjoy the link and take good care of your equipment.



Texto e imagem: by me

Sem comentários: