sexta-feira, 23 de outubro de 2009

The dog!


During these more than three years of my “Oldfashion Project”, (here or here) I’ve being able to photograph all kinds of persons: from judges and ambassadors to beggars and garbage collectors, from famous writers and singers to anonymous clerks and bartenders, from just born babies to over 90 years old. The park is as rich of life as that and even more.
But the oddest picture I was asked to do is this one: not the owner and the dog but jut the dog!
Of course it would be better if he would stand a bit on the left or closer; of course it would be better if the sun would hit it to create a nice back light; of course it would be better if I’ve used a lower perspective; o course it would be better if…
But photographing with a fake old camera, a kind of view camera, with no viewfinder but my head in it, shooting standing beside it and with a cable release, having over than a second of delay, is not easy. Even worse if the subject is a young dog, with lots of other dogs hanging around with their owners.
Never the less, the owner liked it, so did I and I hope the same happened with the model.
Thank you, Oscar, for your patience!

Texto e imagem: by me

Sem comentários: