quarta-feira, 24 de fevereiro de 2010

PLINK


That’s all I heard: PLINK!
And when I looked down, there it was: this broken UV filter!
I had to think for a good while until I understood it all. It was a tiny little rock that jumped from a moving well’s car and hit my camera, just in the lens.
Ever since I can remember I have a UV or a Skylight filter on my lens. I never cared for those who argued that it cuts some of the light radiations and modifies the resulting photograph. I never paid attention for some voices, arguing that UV filters, as well as any other filter, are a way to reduce the final image resolution.
I use UV filters to protect my lens, either from moisture and dust, as well as from scratches when cleaning the lens. And no one will ever persuade me not to use them.
I still have the cracked filter. Why? Well, it is the factual proof of this little story. And, maybe, an extra reason for you to have the same precautions.
Believe me: this PLINK was one of the worse sounds I ever heard!

Texto e imagem: by me

Sem comentários: