quinta-feira, 19 de fevereiro de 2009

On photography - somos poucos


I had this text to ilustrate. It was about human behaviour, how people change with age and vain power and how few are those who keep coherence in ideas and ideals.
The only picture I could think of was three fingers. Two would look like the “V” of victory and four would seam a handfull. Three was the number!
But I couldn’t find out how to do it. What kind of background?
A neutral one, colored or not, would be to much minimalist; With something well defined, either has to be directly related with it or would be just garbage.
The text was kiking me and I have to find a solution.
Until I found this balcony. It was ground leveled and those shades from the balustrate were apelling. I jump in and took three pictures with my cell phone, the only camera I had at the moment.
I tryed to get the floor out of focus, using the “close-focus-range” of the camera, and geting as close to my hand as I could. But a cell phone have a wide angle lens, a very small censor and it was a shiny day.
I also had to avoid the shade on the corner, so I didn’t get the wall, as well as the shade of the camera on my hand.
And I run out of there, since I was trespassing!

Back home, I reduced the color saturation of the floor to zero and increased the contrast. This way, all that dirty would fade way. And I reduce the color saturation of the hand, so it wouln’t look like a happy hand.
At the end, I stretched it a litle bit, at the same time I crop it. I like wide horizontal and rectagular pictures, and it wasn’t important how the real fingers look like.
Having done this, I rewrite the text, so that picture and words work together, and post it.

Did I reach my goal? I dont realy know!
This was the best I could do with a text kiking me where it hurts.
Maybe one day I will find the right picture. And, I’m sure, I will rewrite it again, since is a neverending subject.


Texto e imagem: by me

Sem comentários: